21 Reasons To Go To Confession
- God commanded we confess our sins to one another in the Bible. (James 5:16)
- It is the ordinary way to have our sins forgiven.
- We receive grace to resist sin through the Sacrament, as well as forgiveness.
- We learn humility by having to confess to another person.
- There is built-in accountability.
- Our relationship with the rest of the Church is healed.
- We receive counsel from the priest.
- We can be comforted hearing the words of absolution.
- All are sins are wiped away.
- Helps give you the strength to forgive others.
- It doesn't cost anything.
- We may not be positive that we have "perfect" contrition without it.
- Helps us go deep within and think about how we can improve.
- It feels good emotionally.
- When we realize (again) we are sinners, it is easier to be patient with others.
- Always confidential - what is said in the confessional stays in the confessional.
- No more guilt.
- We are better prepared to receive the Eucharist.
- Forgiveness is a necessary part of growing in holiness.
- Our consciences can be better formed.
- If we have mortally sinned, then Confession brings us back into the family of God - The Church as well as restores sanctifying grace in our souls!
**Is Confession To a Catholic Priest Necessary or Can You Go Straight To God?
**What Happens If I Die With Mortal Sin Without 1st Going To Confession?